++ Students at Landau Forte academies ready to take “exciting next steps” ++
Students at Landau Forte Academy QEMS and Landau Forte Academy Amington are today celebrating their long-awaited GCSE results, having faced months away from school, a period that they never could have imagined which would see their last year at school curtailed and their exams cancelled.
But their hard work in the run up to lockdown hasn’t been for nothing. Following the Government’s announcement on Monday 17 August, the grades that teachers submitted for each student have now been awarded. Today they have received grades which reflect the effort they put in over the course of their time in education, as judged by their teachers.
Staff and teachers at Landau Forte Academy QEMS and Landau Forte Academy Amington have worked extremely hard to make sure that the grading for every student is fair and allows these students to go onto further education, employment or training – whatever is the best option for them.
This year the following students did particularly well and will go on to pursue a number of exciting post-16 paths:
At Landau Forte Academy QEMS, the following students secured the top grades:
- Anna Chadwick achieved 5 grade 9s and 4 grade 8s
- Kelsey Warner achieved 3 grade 9s, 5 grade 8s and 1 grade 6
- Shannon Casey achieved 4 grade 9s, 4 grade 7s and 1 grade 6
- Harrison Poole achieved 4 grade 8s, 4 grade 7s and 1 grade 6
- Jessica Cheshire achieved 4 grade 8s, 4 grade 7s and 1 grade 6
- Sian Beresford achieved 4 grade 8s, 4 grade 7s and 1 grade 6
- Seth Wright achieved 1 grade 9, 1 grade 8, 6 grade 7s and 1 grade 6
- Leah Fox achieved 1 grade 9, 4 grade 7s and 1 grade 6
A spokesperson from Landau Forte Academy QEMS said:
“The academy is delighted to report on a successful results day for our students. Overall results have improved and there are a number of individual student successes. After a very challenging few months all students should be very proud of their achievements.
“Our teachers, parents and carers have supported students so well on their journey – this strong partnership between school and home has been vital. Today is about celebration, we have spent the morning celebrating the wonderful achievements of our students and supporting students with their next steps. This has also included distributing year group hoodies and the year group book to all students.”
At Landau Forte Academy Amington, the following students secured the top grades:
- Pawel Kedzia achieved 7 grade 9s and 1 grade 8
- Nathan Jones achieved 2 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s, 2 grade 7s
- Joanna Robins secured 6 grade 9s, 4 grade 7s
- Myla Williams secured 2 grade 9s, 4 grade 8s, 3 grade 7s
Andrew Deen, Headteacher at Landau Forte Academy Amington, said:
“So many of our students demonstrated hard work and determination throughout their studies and they thoroughly deserve the grades they have earned. Despite the uncertainty of the last few months they have continued to do us proud and have shown such commitment to their studies.”