Examinations are an integral part of student learning at the Academy. Students are supported and prepared for all examinations appropriately. Our excellent reputation with the Awarding Bodies is maintained by our strict adherence to assessment processes and procedures.
Specific arrangements for students with individual needs can be put in place to ensure they can access an assessment. This will give them a level playing field in which to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and understanding.
Re-sit opportunities in Term 2 for Maths and English Language only.
- Monday, 31 October – Friday, 4 November (inclusive)
Main external examinations begin:
- Monday, 15 May – Friday, 30 June (inclusive)
- Monday, 22 May – Friday, 26 May
- Monday, 29 May – Friday, 2 June: Spring Bank Holiday Week – No examinations
These examinations are for students in Years 10 and 11.
Year 11 – 27-28 November 2017 and 07-11 December 2017
Latest Examination Timetable
We are unable to supply any individual examination dates until Provisional Exam Timetables are issued to students in February 2017. Subsequently there will be a Final Individual Examination Timetable issued which will provide precise times and venues as these can vary on an individual basis.
The dates of the external examinations given on these pages are taken from the timetables published by the Awarding Bodies and as such the Academy cannot accept any liability for problems arising from errors or omissions of these dates.
For the most up-to-date examination information follow the links above to the Awarding Body websites.
Entry to Examinations
- The Academy dress code must be adhered to at ALL times.
- Students should also arrive fully prepared and equipped at least 30 minutes before the start time of the examination. Any lateness can jeopardise their work being accepted by the Awarding Bodies.
- If, prior to or on the day of any examination, a student feels that their work may be affected by ill health or any other reason, they must report this immediately to the Examination Officer. The student should NOT report to any exam room or invigilator they must always, in the first instance, speak to the Examination Officer.
Regulations & Guidance and Information for Candidates
- It is the responsibility of all candidates to familiarise themselves with the contents of the Regulations and Guidance for Candidates Booklet.
- Failure to abide by these Regulations could result in disqualification.
Our latest examination results are available to view online or download from our Examination Results page.
Exam Certificates from Summer 2017 exam series
Exam certificates from the Summer 2017 exam series are now available for collection from Reception. They can be collected between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday to Thursday and until 3:30 on Fridays. If you would like someone else to collect your certificates, they will need a signed letter from you to authorise this.
Unfortunately the Academy cannot deal with any requests for replacement certificates. Students must apply direct to the appropriate Awarding Body. Details and costs can be found on the relevant websites via these links