If you are receiving some kind of income support, credit or benefit then your child could be eligible for a free school meal worth £2.30 every day. You can register your child for Free School Meals if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
Staffordshire County Council have taken over the registration of Free School Meals. If you have any queries regarding Free School Meals or the application process, please contact us.
The claim is totally confidential and will not affect any other benefits you may be receiving.