Due to the changes at Oak Academy some of the links for the site no longer work (Especially Science, Geography, History, Art and Maths). However, these resources can now be found at the following site: https://continuityoak.org.uk/lessons
Over the last 12 months, we have worked on our new curriculum to ensure we are offering the highest quality provision for our young people. We have focussed on the following 7 key principles:
- Developing subject specific Threshold Concepts and big picture questions
- Ensuring that our Mastery curriculum offers the opportunity for the vast majority of our pupils to gain the knowledge that they need in order to deepen their understanding of the key concepts
- Our curriculum is sequenced effectively, where there is a clear rationale for teaching content in a particular order
- There is high challenge to support our ‘teaching to the top’ implementation policy
- We have high quality resources to support our Disciplinary literacy
- We embed our academy values and learner skills explicitly within our offer
- Our assessment is effective and robust and supports our dynamic curriculum
We are very excited to share this with our students from September 2022
The curriculum roadmap is a visual representation of the curriculum journey through the various year groups. It is an opportunity to see how the content is mapped and the pre-requisite knowledge that is required and covered in the lower year groups supports the work that students complete in later years.
Where the same icons re-appear through the journey, showcases how we embed, retrieve and build knowledge to ensure it is stored in the students long term memory
The curriculum outlines are a brief summary of the topics that are going to be covered across the key stages so you can see the curriculum journey that our students take.
Where feasible, we have matched our scheme of learning alongside the Government flagship Oak Academy resources to allow students to deepen their knowledge and understanding. The hyperlinks will provide an opportunity for students and parents to deepen their knowledge around certain topics, away from the classroom.
The curriculum overviews showcase the thought and energy that has gone into the curriculum to ensure it is an ambitious curriculum that has taken into account local context, prior knowledge and what the key concepts are that are required for mastery of the subjects.
Our curriculum is sequenced in a way that embraces prior knowledge, challenges students in the moment, and ensures that they have all of the necessary skills and knowledge before moving to the next stage of their learning journey.
We embrace our values of Compassion, Curiosity and Courage and teach this throughout our curriculum offer alongside our 6 learner skills that we have identified as central for our students to be exceptional learners and successful people. Each department will contribute to embedding these values/skills.
If the links on the subjects outlines do not work, please open the following link to access the necessary resources https://continuityoak.org.uk/lessons